Brand: vendor-unknown

Color Of Canvas:

  • Full Color
  • Sepia
  • Black and White

Size Of Canvas:

  • 12X36
  • 15X45
  • 18X58
  • 3-12x12
  • 3-20x20
  • 3-30x30

Type Of Canvas:

  • Rolled Canvas ( no frame )
  • Triptych Canvas

Share on:

Product Description

Temple & Towers Of The Virgin Canvas Prints

Zion National Park is located in the Southwestern United States, near Springdale, Utah. The road into Zion Canyon is 6 miles (9.7 km) long, ending at the Temple of Sinawava ("Sinawava" refers to the Coyote God of the Paiute Indians). At the Temple the canyon narrows and a foot-trail continues to the mouth of the Zion Narrows, a gorge as narrow as 20 feet (6 m) wide and up to 2,000 feet (610 m) tall. The Zion Canyon road is served by a free shuttle bus from early April to late October and by private vehicles the other months of the year. Other roads in Zion are open to private vehicles year-round. The east side of the park is served by Zion–Mount Carmel Highway, which passes through the Zion–Mount Carmel Tunnel and ends at Mount Carmel Junction, Utah. On the east side of the park, notable park features include Checkerboard Mesa (photo) and the East Temple. Travel to the area before it was a national park was rare due to its remote location, lack of accommodations, and the absence of real roads in southern Utah. Old wagon roads were upgraded to the first automobile roads starting about 1910, and the road into Zion Canyon was built in 1917 leading to the Grotto, short of the present road that now ends at the Temple of Sinawava. In 1896, local rancher John Winder improved the Native American footpath up Echo Canyon, which later became the East Rim Trail.[30]Entrepreneur David Flanigan used this trail in 1900 to build cable works that lowered lumber into Zion Canyon from Cable Mountain. More than 200,000 board feet (470 m3) of lumber were lowered by 1906. The auto road was extended to the Temple of Sinawava, and a trail built from their 1 mile (1.6 km) to the start of the Narrows.[31] Angel's Landing Trail was constructed in 1926 and two suspension bridges were built over the Virgin River.[24] Other trails were constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the 1930s.

Related Products